On Thursday 21st June RBA director Russell Richardson took great pleasure in giving a talk at the Alliance of Construction Networks Acoustics Conference. The discussion was surrounding the topic of ensuring compliance with acoustic standards in schools.
The conference consisted of a wide range of viewpoints with a range of designers, acousticians, constructors, premises managers, teachers, educational advisors and teachers of the deaf.
These were the important topics covered:
- How we define a good acoustic space for teaching and learning
- If the minimum standards set out in BB93 are adequate
- If there is a need to provide separate standards for SEN
- Why there are reduced performance requirements for refurbished spaces
- How can we ensure compliance
- Whether there is a need for a new holistic guidance note on acoustics standards for all educational establishments
To find out more about future events, please take a look at The ACN here.